There is a trash metal revival on and and Melbourne’s Wet Pensioner pull it off perfectly. This wouldn’t be out of place in 1987. Great catchy songs, cool vocals and the songs don’t go too long. I think this is a lot better than fellow Victorians Clowns, who seem to be getting a lot of attention and picked up the recent D.R.I. support.
Pastor from Vienna, Austria could be pigeonholed with other great hard rock bands like Witchcraft and Graveyard. They are maybe not on that level yet after this first 7”, but I look forward to their future output.
One man project Morgue of Saints, from Montreal throws out classic instrumental metal in a doomy vein. The first song opens with a solo that would not be out of place on a Mercyful Fate LP and then kicks into some seriously catchy riffing and keyboards.
Thee Nodes (Canada), Gentlemen (Melb), Hygiene, Harrow and Primary Colours, Wednesday 21 May at Magpies City Club, 8pm.
Facebook event page
Playlist: Unkle K
1. Internal Rot - Mental Hygiene
2. Super Fun Happy Slide - Drop Your Pants and Grind
3. Thou - Heathen
4. Tree of Sores - A Cry of Despair
5. Nightfell - The Living Ever Mourn
1. Thou - Heathen/The Sacrifice
2. Nux Vomica - S/T
3. Oozing Wound - Retrash
4. Floor - Oblation
5. Fu Manchu - Gigantoid
6. The Wounded Kings - Consolamentum
7. Hydromedusa - Debut 7"
8. Internal Rot - Mental Hygiene
9. Quasimoto - The Unseen
10. Celtic Frost - To Mega Therion (RIP H. R. Giger)